Pages

30 October 2011

October Highlight 2011 | Miss ABTCC 2011

Miss ABTCC 2011 was crowned this Saturday (29 October 2011) and for me it was a great experience to witness how Althea van Wyk and her whole family are imparting in the community of Namibia! Their love for people and seeing Gods hands move in peoples lives has once again made me realise how wonderful Gods love is for His people! These young adults formed part of a great deficit in our Namibian community where many Grade 10 learners fail to pass onto the next level of highschool and are left with no hope and dreams of a future become diminished! However with Altheas heart to empower these young adults she started a training school for the kids to bridge them into the school system again! This past weekend they held a beauty pageant for the young ladies and they were super energised and ecstatic, with all the hassle and bustle of going up on stage and remembering their sequences that former Miss Namibia 2010, Odile Gertze had taught them that week, they smiled from ear to ear!

The highlight for me was when the girls huddled together and spoke about how their lives have changed forever since coming to be apart of Altheas Business Training Community Centre! One of the ladies said "My life has changed since I started coming to this school, I was a nothing and feeling low but now I am a somebody and the world will see who I am and I thank Althea for what she has done for me!" and all the others ladies agreed in unison saying "Its true!" Knowing Althea she gives all the Glory and Honour to her heavenly Father who makes all things possible even if it looks impossible! I am honoured to have witnessed the joy and hope that was filled into these beautiful womans hearts this weekend!















No comments:

Post a Comment