Pages

15 May 2011

May Highlight!

My Highlight for May is to have been able to be apart of a very special group of people who love children as much as I do. It was the first Jacksons Ridge Royal Kids Camp in Namibia! God blessed me beyond my imagination. The camp aims to give orphaned children or children who have abusive homes to a week of love and royal treatment! Each child is given a buddy and each buddy has two kids. This means full attention is given at all times to these children! I was the photographer and had the honour to know each child as I took pictures of them all day long. One child wrote me a letter saying thank you so much for taking pictures of us, too touching for me! After a week of fun we had to say goodbye and what a moment it was - we tried our best to keep the tears from rolling but as they cried from their hearts we just could not stop our tears from rolling down our cheeks! To know that God has shown His love for them in this week means the world to me and I look forward to seeing them next year again!

This was the wonderful group that made is possible to have such a spectacular God loving week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. i almost cried but water just started coming from my eyes. Kids are the most precious of all.I am so blessed by them everyday when i go to the center that look after kids like them.

    ReplyDelete